Good night, sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest...
-William Shakespeare


It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.
-Rose Kennedy

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I never put much thought to it, but the following poem seems so fitting.

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe, (Me)
Thursday's child has far to go. (William)
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,(Shan)
But the child born on the Sabbath Day,Is fair and wise and good and gay.

If you'll notice I put our names by our days. Me, full of Woe, like I said I might as well be Eeyore. William, my darling, you did have far to go, you had 15 more weeks. Shan, doesn't know anything other than work, it's what he throws himself into.

I hate that it seems so fitting now as I wish I had a different day to put with all of us! I wish I was Monday or Tuesday, I wish William was any other day but Wednesday or Thursday. Shan can stick with his day it's fine and true. At least his doesn't have a bad conotation behind it. It seems like the middle of the week just sucks. I don't like Mondays or Wednesdays anymore and I hate Thursdays. If William had lived this would not be so hurtful but he's not here and it does hurt.

3 comments:

Antigone said...

Mine was a Thursday's child as well.

I wish I could write something that would make either of us feel a little better. I just don't have the words.

c. said...

It's fascninating how so many things take on a different meaning in the wake of this kind of heartache, isn't it?

I had a Thursday's child, too.

Coggy said...

J was a thursday child, which is very odd don't you think considering we have all said the same?