Good night, sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest...
-William Shakespeare


It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.
-Rose Kennedy

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tag Round 3

I have been tagged again! This time by Beth at Taking Chances, this one involves books! I haven't read anything fun in a while but I do have one of my short favorites right here! The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.


The Rules!:

Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
Open the book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the next three sentences.
Tag five people.

Page 123, 5th - 8th Sentences:

She would have to send her kisses on the wind, hoping that the wind would touch the boy's face, and would tell him that she was alive. That she was waiting for him, a woman awaiting a courageous man in search of his treasure. From that day on, the desert would represent only one thing to her: the hope for his return.

I guess all I can do is hope for Williams return somehow too! My courageous little man I wish I knew what the treasure he went to find was!? Oh wait, according to the Alchemist it's his life and love.

So, I will ask, CLC, Antigone, Kalakly, C., and Coggy to do this one for me! Antigone, stay away from the medical journals!

4 comments:

Coggy said...

That's spooky and sad.
Maybe we're all waiting for some sort of return. I struggle to know what that will be at times, especially as I have not strong beliefs. Maybe it will be my return to him.

I'm totally going to do this. Just wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring your tag I have been sick all day. Quite literally. I now have to spend the evening getting all the work done I should have done today!

Charlotte's Mama said...

Hi there
Found your blog from the comment you left on mine...
Sending love and wishes of hope and strength to bounce around in the echo of your empty home. My heart goes out to you.
xoxo
Carol

Charlotte's Mama said...

Oops--
Forgot to add. I see you are in Missouri and I didn't see Share as one of your "causes"... are you hooked up with that organization? They are based in Missouri and the most amazing people. I have been to some of their conferences and they are fabulous. I encourage you to contact them if you haven't already (www.nationalshareoffice.com) and I am sure this is not new info to you since you ARE from Missouri, but I just wanted to put in a plug because I think so highly of this organization.

c. said...

Hey Amy,
Thanks for the tag. I will do this on the weekend. I'm trying to find a book that is non-deadbaby related...do you think magazines count ;o)