Good night, sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest...
-William Shakespeare


It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.
-Rose Kennedy

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Gifts

I find more and more every day that William is my gift, my miracle if you will.
He brings me peace to help others and to help me understand their pain along with mine.

I have another friend who has joined our boat. She delivered her beautiful boy, 22 weeks gestation, last night. She went through 5 days of labor and now has to suffer a D and C to boot. She is in the "why" stage and will be for a long time. I will do my best to help her walk through the fire.

I searched Lost and Found yesterday and came upon Ange, she is a reluctant new "club" member who is just starting her story so please go say "hi!" From our "older" members we have, Jennifer, who has found some peace in the sharing of her sons belongings. She is truly an amazing soul. Tash, is recounting her story from a year ago of losing her little Maddy. I do believe she can use all the hugs and support you can send her way! And then we have Yummy, she went yesterday and got the most beautiful tatoo to memorialize her son Aodin, go over and have a peak at the beautiful art work.

I of course read many more blogs, these are just a few to mention today and I'm sure they will all be mentioned again. All of you, here in blog world give me the strength where as my William gives me peace. Thank you to all of you for your strength in telling your stories and supporting me and the rest of us out here.

3 comments:

YummySushiPjs said...

Finding peace like this is such a powerful tool in handling your grief. William will always be a source of comfort and peace for you, as well as some sadness of course.

Please tell your friend that there is a huge support community online when she is ready to check it out!

Thanks for the link too. Hope your weekend is full of sweet peace.

k@lakly said...

Gawd, another one...oh my heart. Please tell your friend we are all here, when she is ready. I am so sorry, it must be so hard to have to relive it with her. How sadly lucky she is to have you in her life.

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry for your friends loss. The ladies here are awesome and have amazing strength and wisdom. It was the best thing that could have happened to me.

Thank you for sharing and please tell your friend we're here when she's ready.

Jen