Good night, sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest...
-William Shakespeare


It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.
-Rose Kennedy

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Not a large sum but thankful just the same and Becky, you Rock!

Before reading, Becky's blog or Heather's for that matter. I took it upon myself to pay for the lady behind me in the Starbucks (yeah, they are everywhere) drive-thru. I asked the cashier to hand the lady a card that states: "An act of kindness in memory of my son, William Henry Johnson Born Still December 13, 2007 Born still...but still born. Always loved...never forgotten." It wasn't a large amount of money but it did make me thankful to do something just the same.

It made me feel good and sad all at the same time, how I would love to do this in honor instead of in memory. Why today? Well, as most of you already know, yesterday was Williams original due date and yesterday, I just didn't have it in me to be kind to anyone, including myself. So today, I chose to be kind, to share the story of my son (the short version) with a stranger. I hope that it made the lady behind me happy to get a free drink, I know it made me a little more happy to share my son today.

I don't know how to thank Becky, a non-loss Mom, for all of the kind things she does for all of us. I think the best way to thank her is to donate to my favorite's on my list of Tithing's (baby loss tithing's that is) in honor of Alex and in memory of all of our little ones. She got the ball rolling so how about you?! Are you in? If yes, then I then I would like to hear about what wonderful thing you have done to pay it forward.

Again, Becky thank you for being who you are, a wonderful, loving woman. We all would like Alex to know how much you, his Mommy, ROCKS!

10 comments:

Antigone said...

What an awesome idea - the card and the acts of kindness. Did you make the card, have it made?

k@lakly said...

I love the wording, it is very similar to what I want to put on mine...if I ever get the emotional where with all to do them.

I think William Henry's mom is pretty spectacular, just so's ya know:)

c. said...

I love that idea, Amy. I'm am amazed by it, in fact. XO.

Amy said...

Antigone,
A friend made them for me but they are very easy to do, if you'd like I can make you some and send them to you...just email me! Email is on up at the end of my about me blip!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I made a donation in William Henry's name to the March of Dimes.

You will be in my thoughts.

~S said...

I love that idea. Peter and I are planning to do something similar for Grace's birthday this year. I hope it gave you some peace. Looking forward to our chat...

Amy said...

Jen, Thank you so much! It is so appreciated!

Aunt Becky said...

Amy, that is the most beautiful thing I've heard. You have a lovely way of honoring your beautiful son William and I am proud to call you my friend. Really, I am proud.

*hugs*

Jennifer said...

Such a great idea. I think I'm going to use it myself. First, I want to say thank you for your comment. You really do give me hope.

Second...we did a few things to "pay it forward" after Seth died. We took up a collection in lieu of flowers and donated a bunch of stuff to the ladies on bedrest at the hospital. Then we were able to give a bunch of Seth's things that we bought for him to my SIL. She's single and was preggo at the time. She didn't really have anything and we had everything so we gave her a private baby shower. Of course we kept the stuff that meant the most to us but all the same, it was nice to help. I will probably blog about this but since I'm here I'll tell you that she had her baby. We stopped by her house a few days later and he was wearing one of Seths little shirts. It was a feeling I can't describe. Sorrow covered with a big splash of joy and happiness. All is not lost, and some babies do live. Sorry for the long comment...i guess I've missed it. :)

Anonymous said...

Great thing to do. I'm not brave enough to do something like that, but I think it's amazing! I know this has been a hard(er) few days for you. I'm thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.