Good night, sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest...
-William Shakespeare


It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.
-Rose Kennedy

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

He

Is more than a friend. He's our roommate. A seventy something, Santa Claus look a like. He's funny and caring, has a good sense of humor, loves to argue and most of all is our adopted DAD! He's Big Daddy Wayne. He too was looking forward to William being here even bought him clothes and Halloween costumes.

Today, we found out the worst possible news. It's either Hospice or Chemo we're told. Chemo is the choice he's made. It's going to make him sick, very, very sick.

My heart is sore, it's had one loss that I never thought I'd survive and now this. Now, my dear, sweet, lovable friend is going to face the fight of his life, literally.

I will try to keep updates going and to say the least the baby making front is on HOLD. For good reason. We will be taking care of Big Daddy as he goes through his treatments.

I am hoping that Big Daddy won't be joining William too soon. I do however know that when he gets there William will be spoiled rotten by him.

Please be thinking of us as we need all of the thoughts and prayers we can get at this time. Much love and peace to you all.

10 comments:

c. said...

Much love and peace and strength to you and Big Daddy Wayne. I'm sorry, A.

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry! I will be praying for you and yours. Remember that I am here if there is anything I can do.

Aunt Becky said...

Oh NO. Oh Amy, I'm so damn sorry, shit. I'm so very sorry.

Mrs. Spit said...

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry for all of you.

We'll pray. Hard.

Anonymous said...

I am so so sorry. I'm praying for you and Big Daddy Wayne.

Just Me. said...

I am so sorry!!!!!! I'm gonna be praying and thinking of you guys!!!!

CLC said...

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

G$ said...

Oh Amy, I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

k@lakly said...

Hang in there, lots of good, healing thoughts coming your way.xxoo

Ange said...

So very sorry and thinking of you all.