Good night, sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest...
-William Shakespeare


It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.
-Rose Kennedy

Friday, November 7, 2008

Blah...

That’s kind of how I feel today. I have the onset of a cold, which I do believe I can thank Big Daddy Wayne for. Turns out he has pneumonia and is heading to the hospital as I write this. I would have gone but think I’m already getting the cold that spawned his pneumonia!

Yes, that’s right Wayne’s sick. I’m hoping he doesn’t have to spend too much time in the hospital as getting around is still a slow moving task for me. I do like to see him every day, especially when he’s in the hospital. I don’t like him to be alone. Of course, the nurses usually keep him company and make him laugh so that’s a good thing!

I’m heading out to my sixth PT session later today. Yeah for me! They want me to stand without my brace on my leg. Sure, that’s going to happen. This chic isn’t up for the task. I’m not truly too happy about the slow moving process this is. I’d like to get back out in the public eye.

It seems as though the more I sit at home the more resentment I acquire for certain persons. I will not mention names but truly find it disheartening to feel this way. I’m usually upbeat and happy-go-lucky. Not lately, not at all! I need to get out on my own…away from it all.

Do you all have any suggestions on how to relieve boredom? How to find happiness when sitting at home with a swollen knee? How to talk to others when all you want to do is yell at them? Help a woman out here…what do you think?

5 comments:

janis said...

((hugs)) hang in there, Amy!
Do you get Netflix? I will take the chance to watch lots of movies... or do something that is repetitive and keeps the hands busy, like knitting, crochet, origami... and me being who I am, I will be making all kinds of lists... reading travel magazines...

how about making a vision board for yourself?

Thinking of you and sending healing vibes! xoxo

~S said...

So sorry about all this. I really hope Wayne is home soon. I also really hope that when you wrote "persons" you didn't mean me, and rather the situation we talked about earlier. Call me paranoid...hope PT went well today and that everything "else" worked out. Talk to you tomorrow...

G$ said...

Pop a few more happy pills and knit an ugly scarf for yourself. Wait, what? That's what I did. Even though I am out and about now, I still feel the same way since I am not up to full speed yet.

Hope PT went well today. I skipped it, gasp!
xoxox

Aunt Becky said...

I like g$'s idea. I'm in the same boat as you, stuck sitting around feeling resentful to other people. It's making me highly charming, let me tell you.

Hang in there, Ames.

CLC said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! I know it's boring to be homebound, but try to enjoy it!! Working sucks.